Condition Survey - Pre-purchase inspection
Samples of condition surveys
- La Paloma (July 6th, 2010)
- Omar (June, 14th, 2009)
- Star Sigma (February 10th, 2012)
- Orient Tiger (October 24th, 2017)
- Orient Transit (November 11th, 2017)
Condition Survey / Pre-purchase inspection
SCOPE of PRE-PURCHASE SERVICE: To provide the needed information regards the condition of the vessel as effective tool for collecting objective evidence to take decisions during on/off hire contract negotiation, financing projects, chartering or change of owner, among others.
The condition survey inspection / pre-purchase inspection is conduct by one of our inspectors and the service is limited to one day of effective inspection. Service is performed according to our customer´s requirements and under our pre-purchase inspection procedure.
Our pre-purchase inspection procedure considers principles and good practices of P&I facilities, Class Societies, Flag States, IACS recommendations among other betterments.
Condition Survey / Pre-purchase inspection report outcome
· Summary of survey and condition of vessel
· Management, Records and Manning
· Ship structure: External hull and superstructure, anchors, chains, windlass,
ballast tanks, deck equipment, funnel, decks plating condition.
· Hatch covers, Derricks & Cranes and Holds, Cargo equipment
· Engine room, Machinery and Bunkering, Bilges, running hours if the main and auxiliary engines
· Bridge and Navigation, communications, antennas
· Life Saving Apparatus /Fire Fighting Equipment
· General items, crew accommodation spaces
· Ship and machinery log books, inventories.
· Defect list and Condition Statement
· Annexes: Ship's plans, Deflection reports, Spares reports, last cargo voyages, etc.